Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dentists Open On Saturdays Austin Tx

Mirror - Edith Wharton


"The Mirror" consists of two written by new writer American Edith Wharton and extracted from the book "Grain pomegranate" ("The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton") published in 1973.

The mirror tells how Mrs. Attlee, medium and masseuse in his spare time, tried to help one of her clients, Mrs. Clingsland to find a new youth. When Mrs.
Clingsland complains of her beauty and disappeared assigned by the existence of Harry, a young man who was once her lover, Mrs. Attlee pities her and began to send love letters signed by the ghost of Harry, who died in the sinking of the Titanic.
Luckily, Mrs. Attlee meets a young man quite willing to play the scribe.
But is it good to make the dead speak? In

Miss Mary Pask , a painter goes to Britain to pursue his art and remembers his promise to her friend Grace to visit his sister Mary, who lived as a hermit in Morgat in a house in the Bay dead.
Then he enters the house, he remembers that Mary died One year earlier, but it is too late to turn back: the ghost of Mary is located just in front of him ... Edith Wharton

here has chosen to depart for a time to focus on weddings in ghosts and superstition which they are subject.
Clingsland as Mrs. Miss Mary Pask are both single women from wealthy families, seeking a little spice to their boring lives.
Written in the form of confessions, these two new narrators reveal engaged with their guilt. Well-intentioned, they took pity on these women and their imagination did the rest.
If the goal was to use the author ghosts to point the finger at the gullibility and stupidity of the bourgeoisie of his time, the goal is reached ... almost since I found these crude caricatures, devoid of subtlety.
" I get into the chamber and the poor woman is in bed, restless, bright eyes and face invaded by wrinkles that I worked so hard to erase. Seeing it, my heart softened.
After all, I thought, these people do not know what the real problems, but they managed to make something like it as it is almost as difficult to bear than real ones. " p.47

I expected to feel chills from reading these new gold nothing happened as the author seemed to clumsily manipulate the fantasy genre with the result of simple stories and barely credible closed by falls can not be flatter.
A collection of little interest to me and I recommend to anyone who wants to discover the world of Wharton ...
I let him indeed the last word:

" However, while remaining seated patiently listen, I could not have a genuine interest in what she said.
J 'had the feeling that I could never more interested in Mary Pask, or whatever it was that concerned. "p.84


0 comments:

Post a Comment