Water Is a commodity like any other?
Due to the termination of the contract that binds the company Veolia until December 2011 (extension), mayor of Saint-Pierre-des-Corps is seriously exploring whether it should re-municipalize water management, or whether to continue the public service delegation to a private company ...
Municipal Station in Saint-Pierre-des-Corps
Late last year the council has organized a debate in the rush on this but I don ' I unfortunately could not attend ... I have found nowhere reporting this meeting. And unfortunately, the elected Environmentalists Saint-Pierre-des-Corps (fiercely opposed by the private management) are totally absent on the Net, so their supporters came in numbers to attend city council ... [Why not start a blog?]
past few weeks, I get information I read, I watch videos on the subject for me form an opinion on the matter ...
I wonder: The search for profit by a private corporation is compatible with a mission of public service? Do we pay a fair price for water? The common control it or does it have the means to control society which it has delegated this mission?
Slowly, I move into the solution of public ownership ... I will not tell you why today. I still have so much to read ... If you want to follow me and join my reflection, I will create a pearltree where I'll collect my sources of information ...
We will have the chance to talk ...
[Pearltree] Public / Private: who should manage water?
PS. It was decided in the council 13/12/2010 a sur-tax of 0.15 € / m to fund the studies. The total amount to be collected, was evaluated by the mayor to 125000 € in 2011 ... I hope this bonanza will not be fully used: - /
0 comments:
Post a Comment