We begin a survey on access to culture and leisure on the City of Laval!
Friday we tested the "Theatre Drawer "rue Jean Macé! Or we saw a great show! I had great difficulty with finding parking close to me 'No reserved seats in the" I'm parked on a sidewalk about 300 wide m! A NOTE FOR THOSE MOVING IN CAR! noted that a bus was parked outside the entrance to drop people! there was just enough room to move with my wheelchair!
We found that the room was not accessible to people in wheelchairs by the entrance there are 3 steps we were nice-ing directed towards the entrance "of the emergency exit" with a ramp at around 15%! I circulate the room to the corner of the stage near the radiator! Officials are very charming and the room is aware that are not consistent!
The show was entirely in sign language translated by an interpreter! In the first part of young children were told "the story of Little Dragon" in sign language a great job!
and then it was tales "of Palestine" and "Haiti "Then a violinist in the show closed with an air Yiddish!
Tonight I The testing room Theatre cultural center in Laval Evening theater hall of the Center Cultural center city of Laval Allée du Vieux St Louis
at 20 h 30, No problem to park in the city center there are places reserved for persons with disabilities, I found a free 50 m from the room!
I stand before entry, c is what I thought! they are 2 steps! People are starting to arrive and two men "solid" leads me in the lobby! OUF I am, and on time! The entrance fee is as stated in the job "the hat" that you give what you want! A stand of association "of three worlds" informs us about the purpose of the evening! all profits go to the association! who works for the development solidarity!
http://ww.les3mondes.org
I spent a wonderful evening! the play is very well played by actors well lit and a little crazy! I am "Start" A REMAKE
I do some meetings! And learn that the room is not accessible to people in wheelchairs will soon BUT WHEN? (2015 probably not before?) We also have the right to access to culture!
PS: I have to make picture day access to venues visited
Soon I test again and the Grand Theatre LAVAL have already tested the Cinema City of Laval and will give my conclusion and warning to people with reduced mobility who wish to take a go there!
0 comments:
Post a Comment